Wednesday, October 24, 2007

My husband, the chef

Ok, so maybe this meal wasn't at the level of gourmet food. And I was a bit worried at how this one would turn out. You see, Nigel called me from the grocery store to tell me he was making hotdish. If you're not from the Midwest, you know it as a casserole. Yup, Nigel making hotdish. I was nervous - after all, being from Minnesota, I could fill an entire recipe book with all my hotdish recipes. But he's from Pakistan, and has never made it before. Plus, he likes mixing random things together.

I came home to a beautiful smell in the kitchen. Hmmm, maybe this wouldn't be so bad. He wouldn't tell me what he'd put in it - wanted me to figure it out on my own.

It was DELICIOUS!! He used chicken breasts (yes, marinated in various spices), a box of stuffing, veggies, a can of cream of whatever soup (a hotdish staple), and even a bit of cheese and french fried onions on top. I am so impressed! Maybe I can turn him into a Minnesotan yet...

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio