Sunday, May 15, 2005

God is...

This is something I wrote as a part of a study I’m working through. It’s my senior pastor’s book, “The 7 Most Important Questions You’ll Ever Answer,” and it’s been a phenomenal tool for my walk with the Lord. I read this list during my devotional time every day to keep me grounded in all that God is. If you’d like to check out the book, or possibly even order one for yourself, it’s under the “Personal Renewal” section of www.strategicrenewal.com.

These are statements about God, literally my theology. It is not exhaustive, as I could go on for many pages. But it lists the attributes of God that are most important to me and that have touched my life many times over.

God is Loving, unconditionally. He loves me so deeply that He sacrificed His one and only son for me. His love for me can never decrease or increase, and I can do nothing to change it.

God is Ever-Present – He is by my side, holding my hand, through everything in my life. I am never alone, and I cannot hide from Him.

God is Faithful – He never breaks a promise and I can fully trust and rely on Him.

God is Sovereign – He is in control of the entire universe. Even when my life seems out of control, I know it isn’t, because God is in the driver’s seat.

God is my Provider. He gives me all I need and will provide even in times of trouble, so that I have no fear of what may come.

God is my Protector who will guard me from the darts of the enemy in all of life’s battles.

God is All-Knowing – He sees my entire past, present, and future at once and directs my path. Even when I cannot see the end result of the road I’m on, God knows and has a plan for me.

God is my Friend, a friend who will never forsake me.

God is Just – when I am wronged by someone, I know that person will receive what he deserves in God’s time. Sometimes, though God’s justice is perfect, it may not always seem completely fair to me.

God grants never-ending Grace, a grace that by faith in Jesus Christ saves me from an eternity separated from Him.

God is my Peace through the storms of my life, the steady rock that keeps my feet firmly planted.

God is my Creator, who created me in His image. Everything was made by Him, yet He chose me to be His daughter.

God is Jesus Christ, my Savior and Lord who died for me and redeemed me from the punishment for my sin.

God is the Holy Spirit who lives within my heart, comforting me and guiding me to all truth.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio