Sunday, May 15, 2005

A New Journey Begins

What a ride my life has been the last three years. God amazes me at every turn, and it is so evident that His hand is guiding me toward something that I can’t yet see. By faith I’m taking the next step and accepting this internship in California. I can’t say I ever thought I’d move to California. But I feel God drawing me there for something. And I know it’s for more than what I can see right now.

This feeling started at the end of the Women’s Prayer Summit in February. Lori talked to me about volunteering at the Imagine Conference coming up at Arcade in March. I thought that sounded like a great idea, yet even then I had a feeling there would be more to it than just volunteering at the conference.

For almost a month I debated whether or not to spend the money to go. The first week in March, I watched the airfares go up hour by hour. Finally, the prices had gone up $250 from when I started looking, and I prayed that if God wanted me to go, He would open the door time-wise and money-wise. He did, as Nyke said it was fine for me to go, and I found out I would get my income tax refund just in time to cover the ticket.

But before I could buy my ticket, there was one more thing Nyke wanted to tell me. My job would be cut at the end of May. So it appeared I had my answer for what else God needed me to do while in California – look for a job. So in the two weeks between buying my ticket and flying there, I set up two job interviews, with a possibility of at least one more.

I ended up with three interviews, and one in particular that went very well. It was at a church in Danville, CA, for an internship in youth ministry. I somehow just felt completely at home there. It was hard to explain. I just knew after that day that I would be moving to CA, though I wasn’t sure for which job right away.

I waited almost two months for an answer. And I got it, on May 6th. And though I was worried about pay, it turns out my pay will be exactly what I need to pay my bills. And I leave in less than two weeks!!! It’s crazy to think by the end of the month I will be living in California.
God is so good. I’m not sure all that He has in store for me out there, but I know that it goes beyond this internship and its responsibilities. I have not yet discovered His bigger purpose for my life, but by being obedient, I’m coming closer to finding out. He is, after all, my Provider and Guide.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio